Gabion box are rectangular woven wire mesh baskets filled with rock to form flexible, permeable, monolithic structures such as retaining walls for commercial, industrial and road projects. They are also used for erosion control, bank stabilization, architectural and urban design features, noise attenuation structures and weirs.
The gabion box strength comes from a double twisted hexagonal mesh of steel wire which is reinforced by selvedge of heavier gauge wire running along the edges and by transverse internal diaphragms at 1m centers. In the event of accidental breakage of one or more of the wires, the double twisted wire configuration will ensure that the mesh will not unravel.
Material of Gabion Box: hot dip galvanized wire, PVC coated wire, low carbon steel wire
Features of Gabion Box:
* Economic. Just fill the stone into the gabions and seal it.
* Simple installation. No special technology needed.
* Weather proof under natural destroys and corrosion resistant.
* No collapse even under big scope of deforming.
* Sludge in the stones is good for plant growing. Mixed to form a integrity with the natural environment.
* Good permeation can prevent the damage by hydrostatic.
* Less transport freight. It can be folded together for transport and further installation.
Applications of Gabion Box:
* Control and guide of water or flood
* Flood bank or guiding bank
* Preventing of rock breaking
* Water and soil protection
* Bridge protection
* Strengthening structure of soil